Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dermatomyositis In Dogs How Common Is Dermatomyositis In Shelties?

How common is Dermatomyositis in shelties? - dermatomyositis in dogs

Those with Dermatomyositis (Sheltie Syndrome) these:

Dermatomyositis can produce up to age 4 to 6 months, and often by the general practice veterinarians in the demodectic or sarcoptic misdiagnosed. The disease manifests itself as alopecia at the top of the head, supra-and launcher and forearm and the tip of the tail. If the disease progresses to cause the greatest damage that could affect the autonomic nervous system and the dog must be euthanized. This disease is transmitted directly from the production and genetically, with the breeders who do not have a clear methodology for the detection of cases, unless a clear line. Deep tissue biopsies are necessary to definitely diagnose dermatomyositis. (From Wikipedia)

Thank you in advance.

3 comments:

Jennifer T said...

Very rarely a threat so serious, because in Collies Shelties. I only had two shelties DM personally in twenty years. One was a customer of mine development. The other was a liter of a good breeder I know. The client uses cleaning 15, not seen, was a dog healthy and happy. Prednisone was not this dog be given. I do not know about others, sorry. You might ask, probably. A dog with dermatomyositis can be a good animal with a long life. Simply should not be achieved by d '.

mama woof said...

It is an autoimmune disease. There are still some disagreements between them, if it is viral or gentetic. I do not know what specifically it is common in this breed, but I know that dogs for a while on high doses of prednisone. The two cases I have seen in the animal hospital were sacrificed after a certain time. One was a shepherd and one was a pastor a single species Belgium? German? There comes a time with steroids is simply not doing enough to alleviate the suffering. Your dog is a dog?

Anca said...

I hope someone more qualified to answer. It's something that I read, but no clear answers.

I think that the problem of determining the frequency and a diagnostic error in varying degrees is found. Thus, in May affected dogs have a mild case that not even guess.

ETA: I asked this before reading the reaction of others. To be clear, I meant "someone who know more than me * of *".

Post a Comment